So you’ve come into a ton of money, what’s first on your list to buy? You could buy the house or the stocks, but nothing gets the ladies like a fancy car. Whatever colour or make you like, one thing is certain: these “most expensive” cars like to go fast.
10. Porsche Carrera GT $440,000. Nothing moves quite like a Porsche. You can hear them coming from a mile away, and something about their purr can make just about anyone shiver. This thing goes from 0-60 mph in 3.9 seconds, and can hit speeds up to 205 mph. Comes as a convertible, which is great, even if the stability isn’t quite what it is on a hard-top…but who the hell cares, it looks amazing. It’s also the lowest riding vehicle on the market, with the engine riding incredibly low on the chassis. Makes it look like a race car, and honestly, who doesn’t love that?
9. Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren Roadster $495,000. The fastest automatic transmission in the world, the SLR McLaren can hit speeds of 206mph, and go from 0-60mph in 3.8 seconds. Another convertible, this beauty comes with gull-wing doors for that extra bit of cool. It’s got some air vents on the side that make it look vaguely reptilian, and the way it moves on the road enforces that.
8. Koenigsegg CCX $545,568. A Swedish car, and currently the 4th fastest car in the world, it can hit speeds of 245 mph and go 0-60 in 3.2 seconds. A spacious car, the exterior is made of aluminum and the interior is carbon fiber with leather seats. This thing oozes luxury, and has a sleek, European look. You might as well paint some dollar signs on the fog lamps, because nothing advertises “Hey, I’m loaded!” quite like this.
7. Saleen S7 Twin Turbo $555,000. An American super-car in a world of Europeans, the Saleen S7 is the 3rd fastest car in the world. It can hit top speeds of 248+ mph, go from 0-60mph in 3.2 seconds and hit 100mph in 6.2 seconds. If you want to buy American and still feel at home on the Autobahn, this is your car. And just in case you need some extra entertainment, it comes complete with TV, DVD player, and FM radio. Just try to keep your eyes on the road.
6. SSC Ultimate Aero $654,400. Say hello to the fastest street-legal car on the market. It costs about half as much as our #1, and goes from 0-60mph in 2.7 seconds, hitting top speed at 257mph. With a few tweaks, Shelby SuperCars created the 2009 SSC Ultimate Aero, which could hit speeds of 270mph, which is a world record. Does not come with a DVD player, mostly because you’d better not be taking your eyes off the road, unless you’re a Jedi
5. Pagani Zonda C12 F $667,321. The 5th fastest car in the world, the Zonda can go 0-60mph in 3.5 seconds, and hit top speeds of 215 mph+. It’s made by a small, independent company in Italy, so if you’d rather support a small company, this is the way to go. It’s also a gorgeous car that looks like it might have stepped out of a futuristic video game. In the interests of safety, it also has fantastic brakes that can bring it down from 180-0mph.
4. Ferrari Enzo $670,000. Something about Ferrari makes people swoon. The Enzo is the most known supercar on the market, with all the elegance of its brand behind it. I had Hot Wheels of these things. Unlike my Hot Wheels, the real thing can hit speeds of about 217 mph, and can go from 0-60 mph in 3.4 seconds. The interesting thing is that they were only initially priced at $670,000. Only 399 cars were ever produced, and with every crash, that price goes up. Right now they’re estimated to be worth over $1,000,000. Try explaining crashing one of these.
3. McLaren F1 $970,000. Definitely the oldest make on this list, the McLaren F1 originally debuted in 1994, and was both the fastest and most expensive car around for years afterwards. It can go 0-60mph in 3.2 seconds and hit speeds up to 240mph. It was the first car to feature a carbon fiber monocoque chassis. As it isn’t produced anymore, it’s an incredibly rare find. Just the thing to turn some heads, and features snazzy gull-wing doors!
2. Lamborghini Reventon $1,600,000. The most expensive Lamborghini ever produced, this car gets its price more from its rarity than the specs it boasts. It can hit speeds of 211mph and goes 0-60mph in 3.3 seconds. It has an incredibly sleek design – something between a stealth fighter and the Batmobile – and a fantastically powerful engine. Only 20 (TWENTY) of these cars were ever produced.
1. Bugatti Veyron $1,700,000. Oh, the Bugatti Veyron. Easily the most expensive street-legal car on the market, this is the car Conan O’Brien used to create one of his most expensive sketches. It has the fastest acceleration around, going 0-60mph in 2.6 seconds. It’s also the 2nd fastest car in the world, with a top speed of 253mph. It CAN run faster, but is prevented from doing so electronically. Apparently any faster than that can cause tire damage. An absolutely mind-blowingly, pants-soilingly gorgeous car, it’s sleek and sexy and oh so nice. Drivers of this model include Tom Cruise, but don’t let that hold you back. You know you want this pretty little thing sexing up the drive to your mansion.